Introducing Luna

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momenteller

So my 9 year old daughter asks me almost daily if I've posted pics of Luna yet. I guess I'd better do it already! I'd like to introduce Luna, our black velvet we adopted in January. She's almost a year old. She is most often referred to by her nickname "Piggy", because she makes a huge mess in her cage nightly. Her favorite place to perch is on her food bowl, so when I got tired of her dumping her dish over every night, I got a coop cup that attaches to the cage. Now she sits on top of that and poops in her food. :p She hates to be held or given scritches, eats a huge mound of hay every night, practically swallows treats whole, loooves her dust baths, is extremely clumsy and always entertaining!

We love her. :heart3:

Attachments

• 062.jpg
    062.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 50
  • 092.jpg
    092.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 51
  • piggy 015.jpg
    piggy 015.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 50
  • piggy 016.jpg
    piggy 016.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 52
Luna is beautiful! Having an ebony it always amazes me to see those white bellies on black velvets. I also love the picture of her with your daughter. They look so cute together.

your daughter should be happy now, pics are up, lol. Great pics and what an adorable little piggy you have :) Your daughter is adorable too!

Thanks all! Yes, every pic I have of Livvy holding the chins she is just glowing-- she is such an animal lover! Luna, however, lets us know she is just barely tolerating the photo shoot... what a stinker!

aww, how cute! tell your daughter that everybody here loves luna :) thanks for the bath photo, i love watching chins "change colors"

How could you hold out on us! Luna is beautiful! I love the pic of her in the dust bath! She almost looks like a violet chinnie LOL! I don't know about that sweet little girl holding her though--she doesn't look like she likes Luna at all LOL!

Thanks, and I won't hold out on you again! Lol

For good measure, here is the pic of Livvy holding Chelsea, our mosaic. Same glowing face! I guess if I want to get a natural smile out of her for a photo, just have her hold a chinnie!

Attachments

• liv and chelsea.jpg
    liv and chelsea.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 13
Very pretty chins and even more beautiful daughter. I use a ceramic 'hooded' bowl that attaches to the side of the cage for my chins that re-arrange and like to pee/poop in the dish. You can get it at Petsmart in the parrot section. Foster and Smith's have it also (they are a pet catalog place)

Thanks Barb, I didn't realize they made ceramic dishes like that! Although part of me would feel bad about taking away her throne...

Latest posts

Back