Introducing chin to new cage?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinchilla63

I've got Rocky's cage big new cage set up (finally!!!) I haven't moved all her stuff over, her wheel and favorite fleecy tube, etc. are still in her old cage.
I've let her in to check out the new cage a couple of times. She seems a little stunned by it, she runs up and down a few times and then hides behind one of the wood houses.
When's the best time to make the final move? Evening, if I can be up with her for a bit? Morning? Does it matter?
(I hate moving, lol...not sure if chins feel the same way!)
Lee

When I made the move from the crap cage that the people that gave me my chinchilla had, to his huge wire cage, I just moved all his stuff in it, then stuck him in it. He browsed around a bit, but after that he seemed to be stoked that he had more space to run/jump/do chinchilla things in, and went back to being completely normal!

I did the same as Brian when I got my CN for Chia. I just took everything one by one from her old cage (didn't wash it or anything), and then put her in the new cage when everything was moved. She seemed to dislike the taking out of all her stuff from the old cage more than she disliked her move to the new cage.

I have never had any issues moving a chin to a new cage. They like to run around and check out all the new toys and ledges.

My chin settled down right away after I put all her old stuff in it, though at the time it was only one wooden ledge, wire wheel, and food. I think that's the best way to go at it, she calmed down a lot when she had fimilar things in the new cage.

Back