Introducing BREGO (BRAY-go)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anfsurfer

Yesterday was "Introduction Day" for Shadowfax and his new 5.5 month old buddy Brego. And what a day it was. Whew! I had my introduction period all planned out...side by side carriers for two days, switching them on the second day. If anyone seemed aggressive, they would be left in the carrier on the third day and placed in the big cage while the other roamed free in the cage.... Sounds good on paper. lol

After about an hour and a half in the carriers and no aggression between the two, I noticed Shadowfax had pulled up his carrier liner and pee'd in the pan. He was sitting in it, drinking it, ugh!!! I immediately pulled him out by the tail and was like...WHERE DO I PUT HIM??? I was cleaning the big cage getting it ready for the two of them, so that wasn't an option. The only place was in with Brego! So I opened the door and plopped him in....and PRAYED!!! So my slow introduction was suddenly changed to smooshing.

There was no reaction initially and I was relieved. But then they started trying to establish dominance and for someone who's only had a single chin, these actions were all new to me. I was really terrified!!!! I figured they had to go through this together and all I could do was make sure no ones fur was flying, which it never did. So after about a half hour of "on and off" testing each other, peace was established. Now seeing them together, I don't regret getting him a buddy at all.

Brego3.jpg

With no further ado, please welcome Brego!!! Thanks to Mark Miller for this jaw dropping handsome guy. He truly is stunning.

Brego2.jpg

I plan to add some more pics to this thread over the next 24 hours. I really can't get any now as they're both passed out, and deservingly so.

Brego is such a beautiful Black Velvet!
I'm glad he and Shadowfax are getting along!
Congrats on your beautiful boy :)

He was definitely hard to let go being so nice at 5 1/2 months but I'm glad he went to a good responsible owner and has a chin buddy now to be with. Good luck with them Tim!

Attachments

• IMG00157.jpg
    IMG00157.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 43
I love the smooshy pic! I'm glad it worked out for you. What kind of cage is that where they're together? It looks like a really nice cage.

Congrats!! One of my girls also drinks her pee on occasion, quite disgusting ;-)

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

Just a few more pics...

BREGO
Brego8.jpg

SHADOWFAX
Brego5.jpg

BOTH
Brego4.jpg

BACKRUB
Brego6.jpg

SHADOWFAX NIBBLING ON A ROSEHIP, BREGO NAPPING ON HIS BACK.
Brego7.jpg

What kind of cage is that where they're together? It looks like a really nice cage.

Those are my carriers I use for my birds and chins. They're aluminum, 5/8" spacing, and purchased from Kings Cages online. Here's a pic of the carriers when I set them up for a Lovebird introduction once. They have handles as well which are also bird perches, but I removed them in the pictures.

Buddy.jpg

Thanks everyone!
Shadowfax and Brego are being introduced to my third and final chin. His name is Arod (pronounced like AIR-red). I'll get some pics when I see things are going well. I'm more nervous with this intro as there are two of them being introduced to a newbie...and Arod is a little over 4 months, so younger than Brego who is now 6 months.
For this intro I moved the big cage from the Dining Room to the Living Room, and have Brego and Shadowfax in a carrier inside their cage, while Arod is walking around free. I have no idea how long it will be before I try letting the boys out. I may eventually try smooshing them individually with Arod. Stay tuned...

:clap1: Congrats on your newest new addition! That was fast! I hope Shadowfax and Brego get along with Arod!! Can't wait for pictures :dance3:

Latest posts

Back