Introducing baby chin to adult? Help?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive had my first chin for almost 2 years now (she just turned 2), and because I just started school at the local college, I'm not able to be around so I'm adopting a baby chin from a friend who just had kits. I wont bring the new baby home til she's 8 weeks old, but Im worried about how my 'only chin' will react. I know I have to wait a week or two after I get the baby before I put them together, but Im lost after that. Im against smooshing, and I heard that the side-by-side isnt as effective. Someone told me about the big-cage-small-cage approach but Im still wondering what would be the best for my girls.
Suggestions? Ive got 7 weeks to figure this out...

First, you need to wait more than one or two weeks. You need to do a 30 day quarantine where the chins are housed in separate rooms and do not have contact with one another at all during that time.

Make sure the kit your bringing home from a friend is indeed the SAME sex of the chinchilla you have now. There are pictures on the forum to help you identify male vs female.

Here is a thread on introductions: http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13659

Back