Introducing an old chin to a new chin.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deeds777

A couple of months ago, I bought a chin that is now 5 months old. I recently acquired a 7 year old chin along with a Ferret Nation 182 cage. After a few days I decided to let them out for the same play time. The older chin is close to twice the size of the younger. When the two first ran into each other, they started to nip which is expected but when the older started to chase the younger, the younger did some major fur slipping out of fear until I separated the two. I feel like the younger was more intimated by the older than anything and is a big reason she didn't fight back. There was no biting or injury but I was wondering if I should wait until the younger is bigger before trying again?

The big problem is that with the 182, the best way out is for both to come out the bottom gate which means they'd have to cross paths. I tried making steps for the top gate but it resulted in me getting impatient with the newer and older chin and chasing her before picking her up (stupid mistake I know) and now she wants little to do with me. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back