impaction

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TnkTaingTal

Does anyone have suggestions for a chin with an impaction?
I'm almost positive it's cardboard, from our recent move. An xray proves there is a "furball" as in a ball of something. The first visit, the vet said pineapple juice would help break it down, which it did somewhat. I only gave her 2-3 times as it had given her slight bloat. She has been fine ever since, eating, drinking and playing normally. The only reason I brought her back to the vet was becsuse her dropping got smaller. Another xray showed the "furball" is still there. Vet prescribed cisapride. My chin is still acting completely normal, her droppings are still smaller than my other chins'. I've been giving her probiotics as well, but how will I know when the impaction is gone and is there anything else I can do to help her digest it?

Hi! Just make sure she gets PLENTY of water, as it will soften up and break down on its own. Get lots of water down and you can massage her belly if she'll let you. That may "move" it around. I hope your little chin gets better!

Latest posts

Back