I'm so upset!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChonchoMom

I went to the feed store in town today ( I live in a very small town) It's the only feed store around and they have chinchillas in there, this is where my husband bought our chinchilla....but he was the first one they had for sell, now they have a FN cage and anywhere from 2-4 chins in there, depending on the day I go in, today when I went in, the cage smelled horrible, it's clear it hasn't been cleaned in quite awhile, they have the silver disc type running wheel in there that is filthy, and the chins are in the bright sun. This is the same store where they told me to just pick up the pine cones off the ground the give them to my chin.

I have no clue what to do, they don't seem very receptive to my questions.

if they are not receptive to your questions or suggestions, then i would call the appropriate animal/pet authorities in your area and have them come do an investigation.

Its sad my heart breaks when I see any animals living in sad /dirty conditions...you would think pet stores would strive to keep conditions clean in fear of being reported....animals DO have rights too many people forget that ....so many chins in one cage =lots of poop pee

Wow thats so sad , i would reccomend talking to the owner, i saw that once too so almost everyday i would go in and pet them/hold them...

Back