I'm here :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akunaferret

Tasty Human
I dunno if anyone has noticed my absence, but I'm here now. Things have been busy since mid-february. I took a train on the 19th of Feb. to Phoenix, AZ. Was quite an interesting trip, spent half of it watching Titanic hahah. On the 25th, my fiancee and I got married in a small ceremony consisting of most of his family. All the while keeping an eye on my youngest chinchilla because he had begun to bite his foot like it was bothering him. We decided to wait till we got back to take him to a vet in California, but we noticed while in Phoenix his foot was healing. He's been in a separate cage since, as his foot continues to heal. I ended up getting sick half way through the wedding week, and couldn't hear out of both my ears and was coughing up disgusting stuff, and the antibiotics I was prescribed stopped working half way through. I ended up being slightly deaf at the wedding. When we got home, I went and saw the doctor, and found out I had ear infections in both ears, and was prescribed something new. Then we took our dog to the vet, only to find that she had pus in her uterus so she had to have surgery to remove it, which scared me to no end! The vet was kind enough and let me watch the surgery from outside of the operating room through the window, then let me sit with her as she came to. The first few days the cone was funny on her head, now it's annoying hahah. She likes to play shadow, so bumping into that cone isn't fun, nor is it fun to have it scrap across you because she likes to sleep with you.
Now that things have calmed down some what, I thought I'd write this up for those who cared :) Things are still busy, my husband will be heading to navy schooling in San Diego here in a few weeks from now till September. At least he can come up on weekends if he wants, we live about 2-3 hours away from SD. Then in September we will be heading to Everette, WA, so lot going on this year.

I Hope everyone is well, thank you for reading this :)

Last edited:
I just returned your PM but you failed to mention you got married!!! Congrats.

Maybe you should come visit your hubby in San Diego where I live! We can meet and greet. :D

Thank you so very much!!! And I shall do that, that would be a lot of fun! I'd say I'd harass you wednesday, but we are going to be sooo busy at the Zoo down there that it's not going to happen.

Silly Rich...he should have listened to me about spaying Kiba earlier! :neener: I'm glad she came through the surgery just fine...it's not a terribly risky one for young animals and she'll be out of the cone in no time.

Since you are back...where are pictures of the boys?? The last picture I saw was Grim's foot...and I am ready to see some cute faces again!

With Kiba it started with just discharge that refused to go away, and I kept telling him that we need to take her. "No, it's ok, she'll be fine, it'll clear up" While in AZ I freaked out because she was spotting blood that smelled of copper pennies, that's when I booked a vet appointment for our return. It lasted a day, but that didn't seem normal at all.

I shall defiantly take more pictures of him for you. I have refused to take him out to play simply because I don't want to mess up his foot, but I can tell he really wants out. Runs all up side the cage in a full circle, it's rather funny. He has taken to sleeping inside a corn dog box (we buy mini corn doggies for nibbles) and he likes to chew a hole in the back of the box so his little fluffy tail sticks out. I woke this morning to find he had flattened the box and has curled up under the liner, it's rather funny. I'll see about getting some pictures tonight when he's awake and watching me cook dinner, seems to be his favourite pass time.

Back