I'm a little worried

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchillasrox

My female Bratty, (white mosiac) has a orangeis/brownish colored liquid in her fur,by the base of her tail and genitals. I think it's pee, but I'm not shure. My other female Nusta (ex dark eb.) has kinda wetish looking spots but nothing very noticeable. Am I just being a nervous momma or is this abnoraml?
If it's normal, is there anything I can do to make it not stain her white fur.
Thanks

Sounds like a urine stain to me. Some chins sit where they pee, and of course on whites it shows up more. If there was a lot of excess fluid coming from her vaginal area, then I would be concerned.
You can wipe the area with a non scented baby wipe, and then give her a dust bath. Maybe look to see where she's peeing and make a potty area for her there. (pine box with shavings inside) Other wise not sure how to prevent this! I have a girl, also a mosaic and she does the same thing!

My little Vincenza had a bit of that yesterday too. I think she peed a little bit while she was in the carrier on the way to the vet. Cleared up after a bath :)

Back