If you live in MI Please read this!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milo10

SPREAD THE WORD - PASS THIS ALONG _ WE NEED EVERYONE INVOLVED HERE!!!

3 hours agoJennifer End Bsl Hardin
All dog owners- Please be aware of this ban they are trying to pass. It will not only affect Pit Bulls. There are reportedly 17 breeds already listed (rotties, dobies and boxers to name a few) and from what I understand, the final outcome that is being sought is the ban of dogs over 50 lbs. Please pass this on, it will affect many people who will likely not be aware of it until it passes. If passed, the dogs will be SEIZED and EUTHANIZED !!! Here is info to fight this-

This page is for all of us to communicate on how we can protest and stop this bill. Here is the link to the Bill they want to pass banning pitbulls in Michigan

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2011-2012/billintroduced/House/htm/2011-HIB-4714.htm

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!!!

Protest HOUSE BILL No. 4714 Banning pitbulls in Michigan
This page is for all of us to communicate on how we can protest and stop this bill. Here is the link to the Bill they want to pass banning pitbulls in Michigan http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents...

I'm glad we didn't move to MI, like we were considering...
This sounds eerily like the Ontario ban (which is complete and utter BS).
If nothing else, NY has a good BSL policy (as in, no BSL allowed).

The UKC, which officially recognizes the American Pit Bull Terrier, is based in MI, I hope they'll speak up.

Yikes! I really hope the ban does not go through. :crossfingers: And for goodness sakes, I hope that sooner rather than later people get their heads out of their butts and realize how bogus BSL is.

I hope so too! I have 8 American Bullies :( If you don't live in MI you can send them a letter/email too.

We have a rescue pit. I am so grateful that NY doesn't allow for BSL. Valentino truly is the most amazing dog I've ever owned - I do obedience, agility and am training for the CGC and therapy work with him.

Petition Against Michigan:HB 4714 which would ban pit bulls statewide - The Petition Site
www.thepetitionsite.com
I've created this petition against HB 4714 because like any other organism on this planet Pit... (404 signatures on petition)..

Please sign this :)

Lots of stupid bills get introduced every year, and most of them don't go anywhere...

This bill is being shelved. It got introduced last week and shelved within days.

With the state of our state, they don't have the $$ to deal with policing dogs... many in the rural areas don't even have a sheriff's department to patrol anymore, they are just commands.

From: http://www.freep.com/article/201106...tempt-ban-pit-bull-ownership-Michigan-shelved

"I don't think it's a dog problem, I think it's a people problem," Crawford said. "And I don't think the state needs to be in the business of being canine police."

Crawford is the chairman of the Regulatory Reform Committee in the state House. I have to say, its nicely said.

Back