If He Was a Girl, I'd Rename Him Martha Stewart

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amykhar

The other day, we cleaned Squirrel's cage, and reorganized things a bit. Because I thought he might like a bit more privacy while he slept, I moved his sleeping house from the rear of the cage to the front, and turned it so the door faced the back.

The next morning, I discovered Squirrel sleeping in his little hut, which he had shoved right back to where it had been in the first place. He even managed to spin it around so the door was facing the front again. It was hanging off the ledge a bit, but all in all, he did a pretty decent job of redecorating.

This little guy is definitely showing me who's boss!

Amy

Haha! That is too cute. I have one boy who does this. It doesn't matter where I put it, he will move it. (Even if I put it where I think he likes it!)

The little guy seems to have an opinion on fleece patterns too. Normally, he doesn't mess with his fleece liners. But, I made a very colorful one this weekend, and he wouldn't leave it alone.

I would tuck it in under the tray, and he would immediately untuck it and start pulling it up. Changed to a different fleece, and he was content again. Wonder what he's going to think about the new shelves I plan to make and install this weekend.

Amy

Jack my 5 week old chin baby likes to climb the hardwire (babyproof) wire that encloses his cage. He fell about 2-1/2 feet onto a little tin bucket I put in so they could hide. Before I could take 2 steps Jack drug that thing away so he wouldn't land on it again. Such smart funny babies, Victor on the other hand, climbs back down the same way he climbed up.

Today, we went to Lowes and got wood and hardware for new shelves and ledges. Replaced the wire stuff he's had for four years. He actually approved of our redesign this time :). He was jumping onto some shelves even before we finished bolting them in.

Amy

Latest posts

Back