If chin doesn't eat on his own, how much CC should he get?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kara315

Eeyore just had his teeth filed. I haven't seen him eat anything, but he just go home a couple hours ago. If I don't see him eat on his own, how much Critical Care should I give him? before when he wasn't eating as much, I was giving him 9cc's three times a day. But after reading other posts on here about CC with chins that don't eat on there own for awhile, that doesn't seem like enough for a day. Should I give him more?

Also, I didn't get the best look at it, but his tongue seemed to be a little bigger then I've seen it before. I will look again, but could that just be a reaction to the teeth filing?

Sometimes when teeth are filed, depending on what tools the vet uses to do it, they might graze the tongue and gums. Also, spurs on teeth can lead to a swollen/irritated tongue. The swelling should go down. Did the vet give you pain meds?

Sometimes when teeth are filed, depending on what tools the vet uses to do it, they might graze the tongue and gums. Also, spurs on teeth can lead to a swollen/irritated tongue. The swelling should go down. Did the vet give you pain meds?

They gave him some pain medicine there, but didn't give me any to go home with.
I'm just wondering if he doesn't eat tonight or tomorrow how much cc's of CC he should get.

At least 60ml of cc a day broke up into 10-15ml feedings a few hours appart.

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but 1 cc is the same as 1 ml right? On my syringe I have oz and cc, not sure if it's the same measurement as the results i'm finding online that say 1ml=1cc.

Yes, cc means cubic centimeter. 1 mL =1cc and I think 1 oz is equivalent to 30 cc/mL

You are correct!

Ok thank you. I'll space them apart by a couple hours. Is there any certain amount I shouldn't go over in one sitting?
I tried giving him some twice, he took a very little. Could he just not be hungry and not in the mood to eat from having his teeth filled?

The most I had one eat was 30ml per feeding, 10ml is the average. The chin is most likely pi$$ed after the filing, but still needs to eat. Make sure the CC is made with warm water since the teeth can be sensitive. Try to get some into him tonight, like 20ml.

The most I had one eat was 30ml per feeding, 10ml is the average. The chin is most likely pi$$ed after the filing, but still needs to eat. Make sure the CC is made with warm water since the teeth can be sensitive. Try to get some into him tonight, like 20ml.

Ok, his tongue looked a little bigger then normal, so he's probably still pretty sore. He probably got in around 10ml between both of the the tries. I'll keep trying and get around 10-15ml more in him before I call it a night.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back