If a BLACK VELVET owns you...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cass7nova

Flufenes causes grins! ;)
My black velvet Paddington is quite the character to say the least. I have read here and there that BV's hold a different personality apart from other Chins. I just wanted to hear if anybody's else's BV was um.....special:) ( PLEASE ADD PICS AND STORIES ALSO!!)

Here are some of my Paddys' antics:

She has attitude for days! It she doesn't want a scratch or what I am offering , she literally pushes my hand away with her little paw with a little snide face. ( She HATES hose hips and will do this if I offer her one...or she'll take it and actually throw it!!)

Is very adamant when she wants out of her cage or wants attention.

Very moody! She can be sweet as pie and run up to the wires with paws resting on bars begging to come out ...when I do she'll let me hold and cuddle her for the longest time ! But other times its a whole 'nother story!!

I tried to bond her with each of my 3 other standards...she wants NOTHING to do with other chins even though they try so hard to be friends with her.

She throws a fit if you move her cage out of " Mommys room" or move another Chin to Mommys room:) If its just her she'll sleep on her back with belly /feet up in the air through anything. Chip and make every other happy sounds chines make.:)

She's nuts...but I love her for it :)

Attachments

• photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 61
  • photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 65
  • photo-6.jpg
    photo-6.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 58
  • photo-7.jpg
    photo-7.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 54
  • photo7.jpg
    photo7.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 62
And ignore the plastic shelf...she decided that it was immediately time to nap on it once I took the fleece off to change it...

My BV Sid behaves so differently to my other two. He is by far the most vocal, he is always beeping and peeping away. He gets playtime after the other two since if they don't get playtime straight away they have a fit, but Sid sits there patiently on his shelf watching them. When it's his turn to come out he used his super chin strength to move aside the barrier I have against the floorboards, just to explore. He never chews the wall but he shreds bits off the cardboard barrier and leaves it in little piles, and then wall surfs of the other boy's cage which enrages Silver Chin. He is also the only one who loves being scratched and leaps into my arms for cuddles.

My BV Piggy is by far my biggest character! She loves to rearrange her cage, has a hay party every night, sleeps in weird positions, and is a champion beggar. She is maniacal when she runs on her wheel, either jumping off when she's running her fastest, or riding it out at the end like a surfer. She is the best wall surfer of the three and can get on the bathroom counter from the floor, or run on three walls before dropping to the ground. She tolerates being held more than my other girls, but mostly so she can chew on our clothing.

Can't add pics right now but have some in her album on here. Glad to know I'm not the only one with a BV nut!

Latest posts

Back