ideas for covering wires?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainey

chinchuckles
So I recently switched to a portable AC unit in the chin room, and the wire is fairly close to the ground, and very thick. I'm trying to decide if I should buy one of those wire covers they sell online for pets or if that is a waste of money? http://www.amazon.com/American-Term...Tubing/dp/B001764OKS/ref=pd_sim_petsupplies_5

I suppose I could try sewing a scarf around it. I'm not sure how to sew and not have any threads showing, though. Maybe I should start collecting the cylinder oatmeal containers and could cover up with those? Their room is too small for a playpen or even really to block off the side of the room the AC unit is, so I'm trying to get creative here! Thanks for any thoughts you may have :)

I'm not positive, but looking at the picture online, I'm thinking that perhaps you can got to Home Depot/Lowes and pick up some tubing for a lot less than $20.

I use split wire and cable looms to cover my exposed cords. It is fairly inexpensive and can be found at hardware and auto parts stores.

If your chin is a plastic chewer, maybe try a dryer vent tube, they are usually metal and flexible. You should be able to get them at a hardware or home improvement store, maybe even Wal-mart.

Latest posts

Back