I wish to switch to Blizzard Fleece but I worry my chin will eat it? ):

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinayTohDoh

I just got him on Sunday and he is only 5 months old, and he wants to eat EVERYTHING. I know this is typical, he even tried to eat the shirt off my body. He's not tasting, he's tearing and trying to eat.

I worry, will he try to eat the fleece? If so, is there a way I can get him to stop eating the fleece or tearing it up? Will he grow out of it if he's more comfortable or a little older, because maybe he's just really playful/aggressive since he's young?

Thanks so much for the advice. He is very aggressive when it comes to new things, especially fabrics.

I would wait a bit. He's probably already stressed trying to get used to a new human, a new home, etc. He may calm down for you. You could also try putting a fleece hammock or cuddle buddy (search "cuddle buddy" on the forum if you don't know what it is) and see how he does with that first before you start investing in a bunch of liners.

I would wait a bit. He's probably already stressed trying to get used to a new human, a new home, etc. He may calm down for you. You could also try putting a fleece hammock or cuddle buddy (search "cuddle buddy" on the forum if you don't know what it is) and see how he does with that first before you start investing in a bunch of liners.

Thank you very much! I think I will get some fleece this weekend and make him a cuddle buddy first and see how he fairs with that. :) Thanks for being so helpful.

May I also add, I love the quote on your signature. ;)

If you make a cuddle buddy for him, make sure to stuff it with fleece too. Batting/poly-fil is not good if he were to get to it. Also make sure he has lots of other good things to chew on like apple twigs, and maybe even some toys. My boys each get 4 sticks a day and would go through much more in a day if I could afford it. They also chew the kiln dried pine shelves we put in the cage for them.

If you make a cuddle buddy for him, make sure to stuff it with fleece too. Batting/poly-fil is not good if he were to get to it. Also make sure he has lots of other good things to chew on like apple twigs, and maybe even some toys. My boys each get 4 sticks a day and would go through much more in a day if I could afford it. They also chew the kiln dried pine shelves we put in the cage for them.

Yes I saw that when I looked it up, does the cuddle buddy have to be a particular shape? Or can it be a heart or star? I am going to get him a bunch of toys on Saturday too :) thank you.

Some chins “love” a chin shaped cuddle buddy – but others like any shape they can lean on.

And like Becky suggested – there should be a lot of stuff he can chew on in his cage – wood shelves and hanging toys. The more stuff that has some bite to it that he can chew on, the less appealing fleece may be. Check out the classified section for ideas.

Back