I was picked!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinChiq

A couple of weeks ago, I responded to an ad on Craigslist for a chin that needed to be rehomed due to her owner moving out of state and starting a new job. After a lengthy interview process, I got the call last night that I will be getting her! The chin is currently with the owner's mom and I went to meet her on Friday. She is a very pretty white (wilson white from what I can tell) who has been very well taken care of. She was clean, active and alert, they just don't have the time to really give her the attention that she needs. I will be making arrangements with the owner's mom to pick her up within the next week or so.

So now I have to start getting the house ready for a second chinnie! I will be making a spot in the spare bedroom for the quarantine period, and then she will move to the living room to be near Luna. Even though they are both females, I will be keeping them in separate cages. I can't bear the thought of risking any fights, so I will not put them together. If they get along, I will eventually let them have supervised play time together.

I'm sooooooooooo excited!!!!! :bliss:

congrats!! :D
for some reason, this post made me feel a bit teary-eyed. it made my heart skip for joy as if it were me, or something, that was getting the chin. congrats! :)

Congratulations! It's good to see that she'll be going to a new, loving home! Be sure to post pictures! :clap1: :thumbsup:

Congratulations! I still remember the day I picked up all of my girls. It's so exciting.

Chinchi is officially mine! She is not too happy about being in the carrier, but she let me give her scritches and hasn't even attempted to spray...I'd say those are both great signs! I have to work for a while longer so she is hanging out at the office with me. She's settling down for a nap in the carrier. Once I get her home and settled, I will post more pics, but for now here is one to show off my beautiful new baby!

Attachments

• Chinchi.jpg
    Chinchi.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 29
Ahhhhhhh. It feels great to finally have Chinchi home! I got her cage all set up and lined with cozy fleece. Gave her a new ledge and some new chew toys to add to the ones she already had. I went through all of her supplies that came with her and put the non-chinnie friendly treats into a bag for my friend's bunny. Now Chinchi is snuggled up on her fleece after the excitement of the day.

Chinchi had a great first night at home. She settled in right away! She explored the new things in her cage, chewed a stick, ate some hay, napped...all the stuff that chinnies love to do. She doesn't seem to be stressed out very much at all. She is definitely curious when we come into the room and doesn't shy away when I put my hand in her cage.

I think it helps that she has her same cage. Even though I added some new things and rearranged a little, it is still the same cage she was used to. I was lucky that I was able to bring home all of her things from her old home with me...cage, food (she's currently on Mazuri but I may switch her to Oxbow because it's more readily available locally), hay, toys, everything that she was used to already. I've included a pic of her snuggled up on her fleece, ready for a nap after her busy day!

Attachments

• Nap time.jpg
    Nap time.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 24
Back