I was accepted!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzi1780

I just got my official acceptance letter that I have been approved to do a study abroad program this winter in Quito, Ecuador! I am so excited because I have been going to college for more years than I would like to admit and after this fall semester, I will only have three more classes to take. One of the classes I need to graduate is Spanish 210, but this study aboard program will meet that requirement. So instead of having to go through months in a class room taking test etc, I am going to spend 2 weeks in Ecuador :dance3: I have to admit I am a little uncomfortable with the idea of staying at someone’s house, for one thing I am an older student (I am 30) but hey, I figure I can suck it up for 2 weeks.

:)

Congratulations! They'll probably be thrilled to have a more mature person staying there rather than a giggly kid. :)

Thanks! I figure I deserve it , I never did the real college thing, like living in a dorm or joining a sorority. I have been working full time since I was 18 and paying for college all on my own. So this will be my treat to myself :D The chin girls are going to have some quality Daddy time while I am gone, he is going to need a few chin care lessons before I leave!

So jealous! I always wanted to study abroad but never did. I hope my kids will be able to. I hope you have a wonderful time. Sounds a million times better than sitting in a classroom! Just try to soak it all in and enjoy...

Congratulations!!! I went to Quito for a couple days when I went to the Galapagos Islands when I graduated from high school a few years ago and LOVED it!!! A word of advice though, and I don't mean to scare you haha, but be VERY careful at night. Americans are purposely targeted for crime, and it's scary there at night. During the day though it is completely different! I forget the name of the park, but they set up a whole market in it and you can find all kinds of neat things. I am jealous of you getting to go for that long, I would so love to go back again!! Enjoy your stay!

Congrats! What a wonderful opportunity for you, and too good to pass up! Have fun and make sure you take pics for us that are stuck at home this winter! ;)

Congratulations!!! I went to Quito for a couple days when I went to the Galapagos Islands when I graduated from high school a few years ago and LOVED it!!! A word of advice though, and I don't mean to scare you haha, but be VERY careful at night. Americans are purposely targeted for crime, and it's scary there at night. During the day though it is completely different! I forget the name of the park, but they set up a whole market in it and you can find all kinds of neat things. I am jealous of you getting to go for that long, I would so love to go back again!! Enjoy your stay!

Thank you for the advice, I will be careful :) I bet the market you are talking about it the Otavalo market, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otavalo we are for sure going to that. I also really want to go to the Galapagos while I am down there, hopfully I will be able to. I am sure your trip was amazing!

Latest posts

Back