i think today is the day!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinnyMom

slave to Rhino and Guss
well folks, as you may know, Guss came home on September 10th. he has been in quarantine away from Rhino now for just a couple days shy of a month. his health has been perfect, his poops are perfect, he's eating and drinking great, and there are no behavioural issues at all. Guss is the most lovey dovey chin ever, he'll sit there forever and let you scritch him all over. if i walk through the hall past his cage and i'm near the cage, he'll reach out with his front paws and try to swipe at me for attention! lol.

this weekend (today preferably) is perfect timing for me to re-arrange the chin bedroom and move him in there.

would cutting quarantine two days short be ok, considering the above? Guss's cage can be across the room from Rhino for the first bit, or i can move stuff around so that their cages are closer. opinions?

well i can't answer your questions,
but YAY for Guss Guss getting to join the chinny room with Rhino.

Since both chins seem to be doing really well and you have the time to do it this weekend, I don't think that 2 days is going to make any difference. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

I think quarantine time is more of a guide line. Waiting two more days is kind of arbitrary. That being said, I don't know if you should cut it short. I simply don't know the best amount of time to quarantine. It might not be a huge deal either way. Congrats on the near future addition to your chin room!!

Good luck! I hope Guss and Rhino become new BFF's!!

that's it, i'm selling my bed! lol. moved stuff around in the bedroom so that both cages are about 4 feet apart and now i absolutely hate the layout of the room. i've wanted to move my futon into the bedroom anyway, so it can replace the bed (which i don't use anyway).

Rhino is bouncing around his cage, pausing and staring at Guss and then bouncing around some more. Guss could care less, he's munching hay. lol!

Latest posts

Back