I think I'm ready!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool Milo! I hope you find the perfect little friend :)

Heres a picture of the violet female! I fell in love with this Tan female as well. From the picture, It looks like the tan has a bit of hair loss or is a fur chewer. What do you think?

Attachments

• J9SXR83RB1BB.jpg
    J9SXR83RB1BB.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 42
  • PLJXNBWDXZEJ.jpg
    PLJXNBWDXZEJ.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Finally?? You make it sound like it's been years since Milo died.

I hope these new chins have a less accident/illness filled life than poor Milo did.

Yes Finally! I was trying to decide If I was ready for another chinchilla for about 4 weeks now and just now made my final decision. I hope the same thing! :)

That tan one couldn't have chewed it's own head, maybe a cagemate did it though.

My advice would be to get from a good breeder. That way you have less of a chance of it getting sick on you like Milo did and you don't have to go through that again.

Just a thought. I hope whatever you decide it's healthy and happy.

If you are ready, that is all that matters!! I think both of those chins are very pretty!

I would check the breeders in your area, but I can't say don't buy from Craigslist or Hoobly. I bought ChiChi from CL and I got three chins for the price of one ;)

I would check the breeders in your area, but I can't say don't buy from Craigslist or Hoobly. I bought ChiChi from CL and I got three chins for the price of one ;)

A CL chin is not always a bargain if you are dealing with unknown genetics. You may pay only $50 for the chin but end up paying thousands for malo treatments. Its not guaranteed that a breeder's chin won't have health issues, but your chances are better.

I would think after everything that happened with Milo the OP would be looking for a reputable breeder this time??

Take your time. Whatever you decide- I wish you the very best :)

Back