I think a little angel of destruction descended in the night...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amphy64

Cleaned Henry's cage yesterday and opened up the parcel with his Christmas toys and other goodies. In a misguided fit of festive enthusiasm, I thought 'I'll give him a few different things now, then he'll have lots of things to play with, and it'll last him a few days. He can't possibly chew it all up at once, right?'.

Of course, I was greeted in the morning by a very sleepy chin and a scene of utter destruction. I suppose I asked for that. :hilarious:
Damage total:
5 apple sticks
3 balsa sticks
1 heart shape
1 vine circle
1 bamboo ball (these usually last at least two days!)
1 vine ball

The only things left intact are a loofah roll, oh, and an apple stick that slipped through the bars and thus escaped his clutches. I underestimated him.

Why do I always give him new toys right after I've cleaned his cage out, again?

So, what's the most damage your chins have done in one night?

Oh my gosh that is too funny! Wish you had posted "before and after" photos of the toys.
I don't have any story as good as that. But I do get toothpicks the next morning after handing out apples sticks to some of my chins. Hee Hee

I make huge cluster toys for my chins and they usually last several months. One of my males however, turns it into a two week job. Most chins won't finish off wood, but there is seriously nothing left! I'll have to take comparison photos later.

Dang! Post a pic next time! I want to see the destruction! lol! Mine will destroy anything you put in there! They definitely don't go easy on their toys.

I'll have to remember the pics. for next time. Well, for now here's an older pic. of some Henry destruction:
Henrybasket.jpg

One of his Christmas presents this year is a new house, since he just ate the last one (so know what you mean about the willow hut, Chinmama. In a single night, wow, that's impressive!).

...his third house that is, not even just the original one that's in the pic. Apparently neither he nor I will ever learn.

Like your stories! :hilarious: Chins sure are destructive critters, aren't they?

Back