I redecorated...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chinchilla63

It started with a shelf that needed tightening and ended up with me rearranging the entire bottom half of Candy and GoGo's CN 162.
So here's my question (and yes, I am a little nuts, lol) - how do I know if they like the new arrangement?
Do you think your chins particularly care how things are set up? Do they like change?
I'm judging by where I find poo and chewed sticks in the morning if they are spending time in the "new" areas...it does seem like they're hanging out down there. I moved one of the hidey houses, though, and I feel like one of the girls is giving me the stink eye whenever she goes in there.
Also, how do you know if the cage is too crowded?

Before I built my melamine cage, I used to re-arrange Misty's furniture all the time. Her activity level increased and she seemed to enjoy exploring the new environment. It provides mental stimulation which in turn can provide more physical stimulation as they move around to explore.
I'm not sure how to tell if a cage is too crowded. Can you possibly post pics of your current set up? Do you change the furniture often or is this the first time? Maybe they just aren't used to things changing. Can you change some of the upper furniture too?

Back