I need to vent about the stupidity of my roommate...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnShh

I live in an apartment that has a clear NO PETS ALLOWED policy.
I get a call last night from my roommate... "Hey, so um... I just adopted a puppy. The rescue was at the student union and it just came over and sat infront of me and licked my leg. I couldn't leave it there!" Um, WHAT?!
I get back to the apartment and sure enough there is a puppy in her bedroom. So I'm pissed, but I try not to show it and control my emotions before I say something I'll later regret. I ask her what she plans to do with said puppy this week. Aside from the fact that she has class and student teaching all day on M/W/F from 8am-5pm, the university's housing dept. will be conducting walk throughs this week for end of the year inspections. She had no answer for me.
Among other things, she has no plans to crate the puppy but instead let it have free roam of her bedroom during the day while she's in class and at night. She was shocked when I told her that she would have to train the puppy to go potty on puppy pads, as she thought the puppy would already know that's where it was supposed to go. She's planning on driving the puppy to Chicago this weekend to drop it off at her parents house until she goes home in 4 weeks... but I really hope she sticks to that because tonight she was commenting on how she really doesn't like the idea of her dad raising a puppy. She admitted that she really didn't think this one through...duh.

The puppy looks wormy and is thin. I told her that she needs to get it to a vet this week for vaccinations and deworming. Puppy IMO is NQR... just seems more subdued than any puppy I've seen.

The rescue is not reputable at all. They brought puppies/dogs for a "destress" day for students, which is fine. But what kind of rescue adopts a puppy to a college student without so much as an application, reference check, or questions about living situations? All they asked for my roommates name and phone number, and said "you don't plan on bringing her back, do you?". Shame on them.

I am NOT happy right now. I just needed to vent, as I am seriously about to go off on my roommate for her lack of judgment. I love puppies as much as the next person (but I won't choose to raise one again) and I hate to see them end up at shelters, but I'm seriously trying to get her to bring the puppy back. This is NOT an even close to ideal situation for a puppy. I think my words are falling on deaf ears.

Back