I need advice

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mircat

We have inspections by the government workers who run the apartments, every year. Before all that we'll have a couple inspections by the regular managers. Well, I realized having a chin is not very easy to clean. Theres poopy everywhere most of the time. I have to clean every day if I want it to stay clean. And when I clean, he comes out that same night and makes a mess all over again. Sometimes I don't let him out after I clean and it makes both of us feel bad. His cage is pretty big, and hard to hide as well. I threw a cover over it during last inspection, and luckily they didn't notice. The regular manager saw that it was a cage but he's really nice so didn't say anything. All this has me worried. In the past I've only had hamsters so they're easy to hide. But now that I got a taste of a larger and smarter pet I realize they weren't as rewarding. I love my chin and like I've described in another thread I think he's already kind of bonded to me after 7 months together. However, sometimes I wonder if I should rehome him and get a easier to maintain pet like a hedgehog.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but with a hedgehog, they don't need to roam my room right? I'm thinking I could have one in a 2x2 storage grid cage which I can just collapse or put things into during inspection, and keep the hedgehog in a bonding pouch on me until they're gone?
I feel horrible for considering this, and I keep giving it much thought as well as discussing it with my family. Given my situation, should I rehome my chin to a good home and try my luck with a hedgehog instead?
My concern is being able to hide evidence of the pet, it being easy to clean and care for, and also it being rewarding. My chin isn't the most cuddly but I know he loves me. I'm afraid of getting a pet that's ideal for my situation but isn't going to be friendly. I'm content if the hedge will just sit on my lap or cuddle. In fact, I'd prefer it because my boy only stays for a bit then it's go go go.
So please, I'd really like advice.
Thank you so much guys, and I do hope you dont get the wrong idea about me.

Latest posts

Back