I Love My Little Poop Machines - Photos and Video

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabby88

It hasn't even been 2 days since I got them, but I already adore them! (I know I've already started like a bagillion threads about them. Sorry if I'm annoying)

Is it typical for them to be so friendly?! I've heard to talk to them softly and put your hand in their cage and let them sniff you. So I put my hand next to them and they would just jump right on it. I expected to have them be scared of me for at least a few days. I had even woken them up on accident and decided to see if they wanted a dust bath. I expected them to be crabby since I woke them up but they're just so sweet!

all.jpg

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1PVoEmef7Q

So cute!!! I love when one rides your hand down from her shelf like a chinny elevator! "Going down!" :)

And they are poopers, just like guinea pigs. But chinny poops are so much easier to manage!!!

Oh, they're definitely poopers! I think they poop more than my guinea pigs. But it's hard to compare after just 2 days. Plus, my guineas are pretty good about pooping in their litter box (but only because that's where their hay is. Haha)

Oh, they're definitely poopers! I think they poop more than my guinea pigs. But it's hard to compare after just 2 days. Plus, my guineas are pretty good about pooping in their litter box (but only because that's where their hay is. Haha)

Really??? Must look into littler training my GPs!!! :banghead: ;)

They're not really trained. I just put their hay on one half of the litter box, and they stand in the carefresh in the litter box to eat their hay. So since that's where they spend most of their time when they're not sleeping, that's where most of their poop goes. :)

Cute girls, Gabby! I can't watch the video till I get home, but it sounds like you lucked out in the chinny personality dept. They sound like wonderful little fluffballs, hopefully they stay that way for you. :)

Cute girls, Gabby! I can't watch the video till I get home, but it sounds like you lucked out in the chinny personality dept. They sound like wonderful little fluffballs, hopefully they stay that way for you. :)

I hope so, too! The one that seems REALLY sweet didn't seem as sweet when I first picked her up. She bit the breeder, not hard but still...

He was handling her rougher than I would though. And he kept his finger there for a while, so what'd he expect to happen? And he said she was anti-social. She seems plenty social to me. Maybe I'm just nicer than he is, and she can tell. Haha! :tease:

They are so adorable! Congrats!

My girl is very sweet and friendly too and has only been with me for a little over a week

OMG, I still get over how CUTE they are! :D

And yes, it is very typical for them to be that friendly! :)) The great thing about chinchillas is that they are very, VERY curious little animals, so most of them do seem to come around pretty quickly. :))

My little man started climbing into my hand within about a week after getting them. And when I was bringing them home, they curled up in their carrier as CLOSE to me as possible in the backseat. It was soooo sweet. :D

Oh yeah, your little girls are just DAWling.

They are adorable. I'm so happy they are finally home with you.

They are so cute! And kudos to you for preparing so much for them - I wish I had found this site before I got mine! Your cage looks great, too. They seem like they really like it. :thumbsup:

Cute girlies!! I'm glad they are so friendly! Let us know when you pick names.

Thank you, everyone!!

I think I have decided that their names are Yuki (meaning "snow" in Japanese) and Momo (meaning "Peach" in Japanese). What do you think?

Last night, I was putting some more hay in their cage, and one of the little cuties really, really wanted to come out of the cage. She kept hopping in my lap. I would hold her and pet her for a second and put her back in, and she would hop right back out on me. And I felt so bad when I would close the door because she would just sit there with her little hands on the door trying to get out. Then she would just stare at me so sad looking like "Mommy, please let me out and play with me."

Back