i love hay time:)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellemonster

i love when its hay time. and they know exactly where to sit and wait for their bundles of hay. the girls each sit on opposite shelves and just waits for me to plop down the pile in front of each of them. however calista is a bit of a piggy and will eat most pf hers then go steal from nyxs pile of hay. then draken hides right underneath his shelve and slowly pulls pieces down and eats them in the corner like hes afraid im going to steal them. then of course my jealous dog steals hay and runs away with it lol ill post some pics as soon as my phone sends them to my email

so does this mean we should rename your house 'the timothy and alfalfa circus'? hahaha!

silly puppy..... thinks he's a herbivore........ lol.

Rhino never gets excited about hay, he just gives me his 'meh, ok woman, that's good, now give me more scritches!' look.

in the order as they appear its calista draken nyx then kratos the eskimo lol

Attachments

• Photo0836.jpg
    Photo0836.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Photo0835.jpg
    Photo0835.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Photo0837.jpg
    Photo0837.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Photo0834.jpg
    Photo0834.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Photo0833.jpg
    Photo0833.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 34
none of my chinchillas really like scritches except calista. shes really friendly and gets jealous if i try to get nyx to let me pet her. nyx is really shy. and draken only allows so much petting until hes had enough and shoves my hands away

i think kratos likes it more too but then again hes jealous of the chinnies. he whines when i even talk to them lol. i had to share this picture

Attachments

• 167527_10150120272347603_737677602_7661364_6491148_n.jpg
    167527_10150120272347603_737677602_7661364_6491148_n.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 23
Mine dont like scritches either, i keep trying but they arent too keen. Lola will allow so much but only the top of her head and Dotty dont like it much because the person who owned her before held her all the time (she didnt know how to jump when i got her!!) Dotty seems shy like she wants to because Lola does but runs before you get a chance.

Just keep thinking maybe one day :D

calista likes the whole body scritch and im afraid of picking up nyx. the person i got her from said she might of been bred right before i got her so i dont want to stress her out to much. shes getting better tho its baby steps with her. she wouldnt even let me touch her when i first got her. now she will sit still for a little while i try to scritch her but like i said calista gets jealous and hops on her so i can pet her anymore lol.

Hi Michelle,

Your chins are adorable! I wish mine got so excited about hay.

Sorry to sound like a Negative Nellie (in what is otherwise a very cute thread) but you may want to consider exchanging those plastic shelves for wooden ones, if you haven't already. It looks like they're chewing on the plastic, and that can cause an impaction if they swallow it!

Also, is there anyway to keep the dog back from the cage a bit? Chins are prey animals, and it can be scary for them to have a whining dog staring into their cage!

I agree with the above post by Kate. Plastic can cause impaction if consumed by one of your chins. Also, is the male in with the other 2 females? If so they will breed. Please separate them immediately if they are.

im actually having my dad make wooden shelves for their cage which he will be up to take measurements on thursday. kratos doesnt do anything and draken is not afraid of him at all. kratos will stare at them and all of a sudden draken runs up to the cage right next to him grabs the bars and starts shaking them. i make sure to be sitting right next to them which is why hes whining to begin with and i make sure if he gets his head to close i push him back a bit. and thank you:) i love my little chinnies and since joining ive learned a lot and am changing things ive read are not good. when i get paid friday im buying whole new different food and bunches of treats:) im also attempting to get my mom to sew some fleece things for them. since she sews for everyone else why not her grandchins lol

Mine think hay is the best treat in the whole world, too! As soon as it goes in they go straight for it. I have like 3 hay holders in their cage because it's the only thing they consistently chew and I can't always get them interested in wood. ^.^ Hay time is play time!

Back