I just love this water bottle!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morganpanda

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11180183&f=PAD/psNotAvailInUS/No

I really love this water bottle (you can tell when you're a chinchilla parent when you get excited over things like water bottles!). Haha.

This water bottle was expensive but so, so worth it!

The original bottle I had for Sigma was the common SuperPet glass bottle. It worked beautifully for the first month until it had a leaking problem and eventually just wouldn't stop leaking everywhere. Even when I had it not leaking, if Sigma were to take a sip from it- it'd start leaking again.

It was a headache.

So I went to the pet store and picked up this water bottle. I was concerned that Sigma wouldn't know how to drink from it, but he's gotten a LOT of water from it relatively nicely. It has some poor reviews because I guess some animals don't catch onto how to get the water out of it. But it literally doesn't leak at ALL. And it's a top loader- not to mention the water bottle is on the outside of the cage. <3 It's the little things in life that I love, including this water bottle!!!

Easy to clean, easy to use, no problems at all!!

Does anyone else have this water bottle?
How are you liking it?

What's one of your favorite chinchilla items that you've found?

All of my girls drink from these type bottles. We love them! I made little fleece cozies for the bottles so they can't chew on them.

The fleece around the plastic is a great idea. The way those water bottles works is all about science. The water doesn't leak out because of the polarity of its atoms. The hydrogen in the water has a positive charge and the oxygen has a negative charge. Because if this the water won't just drip out until something makes contact with it to break the bonds. That's why when you spill water it tends to puddle together if its close enough. Yay science :read:

I only use glass bottle now as I came home one day to find my outside the cage plastic bottle empty because one of my girls chewed it through the cage. The fleece would solve that problem though.

I use one similar to yours, it's the edstrom water buddy, but I believe they've stopped making them, I have about 6 spare ones at home now in case one of them breaks.
I also have a stainless steel cover that covers the plastic part facing the chins just leaving the nozzle showing.
At first, I was also scared my chins wouldn't know how to get water from it, but boy they are soooooooooo smart, it literally only took them 2 fiddles, and they worked it out.
Wall-E: u just need to apply pressure to the needle in any direction, and water will come out.

In the 7 yrs I've used them, NEVER had a leak!

I also have the Water Buddy with extra spares. I also use metal shields. It is true they stopped making those.

I used to have problems with my glass bottles leaking but ever since we started filling the bottles all the way to the top we don't have that problem anymore.

Latest posts

Back