I felt babies!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikayla

I just thought I share this...I lost my first baby when she was a stillborn, and I also lost my other baby, Avery, shortly after I weaned him. So I was really excited when I finally felt babies when I was holding Esperanza! This is about four months since I introduced the two chins, and I guess there could be babies any day! (There are in a safe cage and I'm prepared)

Also, can you usually feel the kicks first, or do the nipples become elongated first? I didn't know, I can't feel the nipples, but he stomach actually 'bulges' a little, and I felt the buh-bees!

Last edited:
Aw congrats! I hope this litter goes well for you. *crosses fingers*
Usually for me, the babies kick first. I don't pay too much attention to the nipples. When I feel kicking it's usually <2 weeks.

Same here. Pretty much 2 - 3 weeks at most for my girls. I did have one big girl that fooled me. She had one kit and only gained 50 grams. I never felt the kit kick and she didn't look pregnant at all.

So...Since I'm excited and nervous and all of the above, I felt nipples. :) Not long long but I did.

It also helps that Esperanza is crazier than her white companion, and enjoys laying on her back...Weird...

Usually the nipple with redden and elongate before you can feel any movement. On females who have littered previously it can be harder to tell since they've been "used" lol.

Back