I ate a chinchilla poop

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tina000

Well everyone I had left my pasta on the side table next to the cage without thinking and played with my two boys for about 10 minutes letting them hop on and off of my hands and happily returned to chowing down upon the delicious pasta I had cooked for myself about 20 minutes earlier. As I got down to the bottom of the bowl I looked down and saw a brown seed shaped caper in my pasta. I then quickly remembered I didn't use capers in this pasta and that capers are not brown. So basically it was a chin poopie and god knows how many I had chewed up and swallowed before I noticed it there. Hopefully none but really who knows. So lesson of the day never leave food within flinging distance of a chins cage. I am completley grossed out right now and really hope I don't throw up. :cry3:

Well.....they eat their poop and they are still alive right? :)

HAHA. Reminds me of a story my Grandmother told me. When she was young, and poor, she found a Tootsie Roll on the ground and ate it, only to find out it was not a tootsie roll 0_o lol. My chinchilla manages to get poop across the room somehow. Cage is in the living-room on one side, and when I kneel down to pop in a dvd at the other... I kneel in a doodoo pellet.

Hahaha I cried a little! Thanks for the story! I am not sure if I have ever ate the poop but I do definitely find it everywhere! Including my bag, lab coat, slippers, even drawers. Nothing is safe! :'-D

I wouldn't feel to bad I have a 10 month old and a 2 year old I also have my chinchilla curently residing in my living room because its the coldest room in the house untill ac starts working again.. anyways so because my cage is in living room and babys are in living room sometimes while my 10 month old wlaks and crawls around I try to pick up as much as possible but poop always ends up on tthe floor amd I swear my baby just sits there to scope it out till one end up out of cage she runs over there snatches up the poop and eats it befor I even get a chance to get close to take it away she sees me coming and eats it as fast as she can befor I have even the littles chance to get close... and does this requently through out the week... even my two year old will try to pick her little fingers in the cage to get a poop to feed to the baby when I'm not looking.. like I said I do my best to avoid it but these babys are sneaky and fast.. I find my self constantly digging in her mouth to digg poop out of it lol

I already giggled when I read the title alone, lol.
It's crazy how much they poop, and the places you can find the poop. My floor is never poopless, even for a second haha.

Back