I am back with babies!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mom2fiveChins10

Hi all! I just wanted to thank all you Chinrents who have provided me with helpful knowledge in my journey. I also wanted to let you all know that this morning around 10 am Dusty became a momma to two beautiful kits. I wanted to post pics so everyone could see my beautiful grandchins. This was not a planned pregnancy by the way! I was given Dusty by her owner who didn't know what to do cause she became mean towards her cage mates. I am just happy everything went wonderful!!! Thanks again to those who have been kind *you know who you are*!!!! Enjoy the pictures everyone!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 110
congrats! I'm glad to see her delivery went well. What do the babies weigh?

The oldest was 41g and the second born 36 mins later was 38g. Also thank you!!

Also, I am not a breeder and have been unable to contact the original owner. Does anyone have ideas of what the father may have been? Mom is Standard... I know sometimes coloring may take a bit to mature but compared to other pictures/postings these kits seem very light!

Both babies are hetero Beige. Dad could have been anything that has beige, you wouldn't know unless you knew who was in with her. There dad could be just a regular beige, but that's just a guess.

Aw, beige twins. Glad everything went well- they are definitely cute! Keep us posted on weights.. :)

Hmm could Dusty's owner not know she was a girl and caged with boys? No wonder she was mean to the others. ( sighs big ) Congrats on healthy kits

The dad could have been a beige, or a homo beige, or even a pink white, sometimes you can get beiges from different shades too, but with a homo beige, you would only get beiges, with the other shades, you cannot only have beiges, but other colors as well, so it's hard to know the exact color of the dad.
Oh, and congratulations on the babies! they are very cute and I am glad that they are 2 healthy kits:)

Did you know momma was preggo when you got her? If not, what a nice surprise! The kits are absolutely adorable! Congrats!!!!

Thank you all!! I am sure Dusty thinks she hit the jackpot hehe! I was unaware that she was. She was not mine originally. I was given her by her owner who said he got her from a breeder. He had a bonded pair who was also a standard and had passed away. I was told she was not getting along with other chins and he was afraid for her and his other chins safety. The first day I had her she was quite mellow. She played with the other chins nicely. I started noticing her weight gain and the lack of playfulness that she had a few weeks after I was given her. Also the mood swings laying on the sides. I informed some other breeders of her condition and they believed her to be pregnant. I then took her to my vet where He also agreed she was. I was not aware that she was (up to the noticable signs) nor did the actual owner insist that she was. I have been doing lots of research for a few years and noticed the signs on my own. Which is why I joined the forum. Not cause I wanted to breed right away but because I want to learn more and maybe go to some shows and find a local breeder to help me with my journey. I am interested in the breed not the breeding but may get into after much more time in the field! I am sure this experience with Dusty will be one that I will treasure! ;)

Also, the kits are doing great. Well besides the normal fighting over momma's milk! They are very active and are loving the fact of exploration. I have had to remove the larger of the two to allow the smaller to get more milk. I weighed them today and Kit 1 was 44g and kit 2 lost some and weighed in at 36g. Other than that all is well! Will most more pics shortly once I remember where I placed my camera hehe! Thanks again to all those who have commented!!!!

So I found my camera and took some more pictures of my almost 2 day old grandchins. I also took some bottom pics. I hope I sexed them right female and male I believe (not an expert so if I am wrong plz tell me) I hope you enjoy the pics!;)!!

Attachments

• IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg