hut?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgar_8223

so i bought my chin a hay burrow thing and he doesnt go in it, he also has a hammock and he does not use it either. so what do you guys recommend for a hut or house ?? by the way he sleeps on the shelves or on the bottom of the cage

They are all diff and all like to sleep in diff places. Mine sleeps the majority of the time in her chinspin. She also likes to sprawl out on her shelf with all 4 feet hanging out the bars of the cage. Maybe your just likes to sleep on her shelves or on the floor. Nothing wrong with that!

they will indeed sleep in many different spots. Each chin is different, and each chin could change spots based on his mood. If you want an idea look at some of these lol

should give you some ideas lol

My chin sleeps all over the place. She's usually in her fleece tube but likes to sit on her pillow (just two peices of fleece stitched together with more fleece inside to make it fluffy), or sitting on one of her ledges, or even her hammock. If he's comfortable on his shelves, then let him be :)

They sleep all over the place. Just because he isn't using 'whatever' now doesn't mean in a week, a month, 2 months,etc he won't use it. They often change sleeping areas

Take note that I have my chins for a week now, so my advice is not advice just my experience :p
The breeder told me that, if I wanted to keep chins as pets and wanted to "tame" them as fast as possible, I shouldn't put any form of house inside their cage.
His explanation was that they are a bit skittish in the beginning, so every noise that is familiar will make em rush inside their house. When they don't have one they pay close attention to the source of the noise, determine it and act natural after that.

For me, it seems like they don't miss it. I offered them a box with a hole in the front and timothy hay in it last week, they just went in to eat the hay and then back to sleep at the shelve. Another positive thing about it is that you can actually see them during day time. The second I would see they would miss it I would put one in though, but for now they are fine.

They sleep on the shelves in the darkest corner
200saxh.jpg

Mine sleep in tubes, chinspin, shelves, sitting up, hunched in a ball, all sprawled out flat! No rhyme or reason. They have wooden houses and hammocks but don't sleep in them they just play in them.

Latest posts

Back