Humidity

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labs5

Hello!

I am currently getting everything together for buying a hedgie. I have started a C&C cages, and i'm going to go to the petstore to buy some toys and a house and a wheel, and such things like this! And in my Costumes class. (I'm a theatrical design major) i'm using some of the fleece we have in storage for the bottom of the cage.
(if i'm missing anything if you could remind me, i don't think there is anything but i wouldn't know being new to this! :p )

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how humid i should keep my room for the hedgie. As i live in Saskatchewan it's quite dry during the summer!

Also, I do have another question. It is about either the disk or the wheel. Which one would be better? As i will not be able to get the hedgie until may i may order a a california storm wheel as i have heard much about them

Last edited:
I'd go with the Carolina Storm wheel. The way they run on the flying saucer is not normal and there is the potential of joint problems down the road from the unnatural way of running.

You shouldn't need to add humidity during the summer, it is usually winter when the heat is on that the air becomes dry and needs some humidity added. Not living in Sask though, I can't really say about summer. Keep them at the same humidity as we would have it to keep ourselves from dry skin.

It is usually pretty dry here in AB (comparable to Sask) but we don't find we need a humidifier in the summer either. This years looks to be a wet one anyway :(

Latest posts

Back