How white will X12 get? I LOVE mosaics!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

chinchewy1

I LOVE mosaics and watching them grow out.
Here is little X12 a Mosaic male born on 5/24/09. His Mom is a mosaic with a huge dark gray spot on her butt and Dad is a standard. I wonder how light he will become and if he will keep any of that dark coloring on his back?

X12-2.jpg

X12-3.jpg

X12-4.jpg

X12.jpg

He photographs well....guess you'll have to keep him around so we can watch him grow! :nod:

hehe i love the white little tail...looks like its been dipped in white chocolate

The cutest baby I've ever seen! What a darling. I have a silver mosaic with a white tail. He looks very dark already. It would be cool it he was dark, dark, with a stark white tail.

So cute!
Keep posting us pics when he grows, I want to see how he changes.
I've had one kit born earlier here with similiar markings and he has a dark veiling now that he's grown up.

What a darling! I just love his white tail! You'll have to keep us updated as he grows!

I have had kits like that and they 'grow into their white' - At about 4 months there will be much more white but even then, he will have more white at 8 months. How much, who knows and if he will keep some of the darker areas ??? - With mosaics you have to wait and see

LOL Silly Barb, I wasn't really looking for an answer

that is why I love them so much! It's always a mystery.

He definitely is a cutey! I love mosaics, mine little girl is one, but I love the idea that you don't know what they will really look like for months to come. I would love to see how your little guy changes as he grows. I think it would also be cool to post a thread showing newborn mosaics and then their adult picture to observe the change.

Congrats on your kit, he can come live with me!

Awww CUTE!!!! Keep us posted on the progression of his color!!

I bet he looses most of that. You can see a lot of white underneith. He is adorable tho. I also love the whites cause they can change soooo much. Cute baby tho

You are probably right Ann but I do hope he keeps some of his darkness. He is lighting up a lot around the face and sides now.

Here are some new pics of him from today. He is 2 1/2 weeks old now.

X12-6.jpg

X12-7.jpg

X12-8.jpg

You are probably right Ann but I do hope he keeps some of his darkness. He is lighting up a lot around the face and sides now.

Here are some new pics of him from today. He is 2 1/2 weeks old now.

X12-6.jpg

X12-7.jpg

X12-8.jpg

Ya, you can kind of see it already. hopefully he won't tho. That's what is really cool about whites tho is you just never know. He might surprise you tho and keep a few spots. Keep us posted tho. I would sure like to see if he does. He's a cutie pie. :gl:

Updated pics taken today. He has only lightened a little with one blaze marking on his one side :)

072909.jpg

072909-2.jpg

Back