How to help ?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohui2001

The owners of the chinchilla ranch which we picked up our two chins are retiring. That is a mom and pop operation started in the 60s in the San Diego area (Vista). In our first visit, they already told us they are retiring and would like to sell the ranch to people who would continue the business or to relocate all the chins. They found a potential buyer late last year and was in escrow when we visit them again in December (to pick up our second chin). When I called to place order of feeds last week, I found out the sale fall through. The lovely lady owner, Lurlie, found out that the buyer wants the pelts from the chins and asked her to show them how to do it!! (poor chinnie)

I am not affiliate with the ranch and is just a customer who've bought two adorable chins from them. The reason why I write this is because I feel very bad for the family as they deserve to retire (already in the 80s and 90s), and finding the right buyer to continue the business seems to be not easy. I also feel sad for all the chins in the ranch, wondering what their fate will be.

Thank you for reading and if you are interested to find out more, check out:

http://www.valleyviewchinchillas.com/index.html

Back