How to dry three layer fleece?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJR

the dreamer
Hey all, yesterday I made seven three-layer fleece liners that have a layer of towel in the middle. How do I dry these suckers?! I hung them outside today, but the towel in the middle is still moist. Can I put them in the dryer on low heat, or will they shrink? I'd think that they won't shrink because of the towel inside, but the towel is slightly smaller than the fleece layers because my sewing machine won't sew through fleece+towel+fleece...

What do you all think? Thanks!

If they've all been washed and dried prior to being sewn together, you should be fine putting them in the dryer as far as I know

Sorry to steal this thread but what is a good thing to put in the middle of the liner?
I was thinking a towel but i want it to be soft and comfy for the chin

You can put almost anything in there so longer as the chins aren't prone to chewing through the fleece. I put towel between mine; some people just do multiple fleece layers.

I made my own as well, and also neglected to wash & dry them beforehand. I toss them in on low heat, and haven't seen any noticeable shrinkage. I'm pretty sure mine were a little large to begin with though, so no guarantees! :)

made my fleece liners with a top and bottom layer of fleece and the middle layer is I believe called "batting" which is a quilting fabric. I wash mine then air dry outside takes 30-45 minutes to completely dry. That middle part does absorb very well - never have a wet pan.

made my fleece liners with a top and bottom layer of fleece and the middle layer is I believe called "batting" which is a quilting fabric. I wash mine then air dry outside takes 30-45 minutes to completely dry. That middle part does absorb very well - never have a wet pan.

Maybe I'll make new liners with that instead, that towel takes forever! Or I'll just throw it in the dryer...

Latest posts

Back