How to cut 2mm chain?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amorjessica

Hi all! This is probably a ridiculous question, but how do I go about cutting a 2mm chain? I bought it to make some toys for the chins. I didn't realize the chain would come as one long piece...any suggestions?

You use jewelry snips that cut metal and you can get them at the craft store. I worry that 2mm chain may be too small as I use 5-6mm cable chain. I had a dog try to bite me and caught a 2mm chain which he broke. A chinchilla may be able to bite through the chain.

You can get them at Walmart too, in the craft section.

We sell chain by the foot, and I generally send out a long chain of however many feet are ordered instead of cutting it into 12" sections. It never occurred to me that people may actually prefer to have it cut into 12" sections already. (I can be a little blonde sometimes!) If you ordered the chain from me, I apologize that I didn't think of that before.

I'll make a change to that on the website and have the option of a 12" length with a loop at the bottom and hanging hardware at the top.

Latest posts

Back