How to chin-proof a bathroom?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chillathechinchilla

So I play with my Chin, Chilla everyday in my bathroom.
She has chewed the door and a bit of the walls.
Somehow she manages to get away with it! (That sneaky chin)

And occasionally she jumps on my counter.
How can I chin-proof my bathroom?
She literally chews EVERYTHING! :hair: I want her to be safe! :hug2:
without having to prep everyday and remove everything from my counter. What is a fast, safe, easy way to do this
?

You can put cardboard around the door and walls. My chins chew everything too, and the only thing that has worked for me was building a cardboard playpen with big appliance boxes from HHGreg. Even now, they rip the cardboard off and eat it. Someday I'll have to buy fleece to cover the cardboard with.

yup big card board helps....In the bathroom or any other room...once you cut and sized the areas and spots you dont want chin in, it takes 1 minute for set up....
I have to put a huge piece in front of my desk so chin dont pop anywhere near wires....two pieces between my bureau....and even a piece across the door then close it....(theres a gap and chin -chin slipped through once )

Strategically placed cardboard is your best friend. I have seven dwarfs and some do not like each other, so at playtime, it's all about placing big pieces of cardboard around cages to keep unwanted contact between fur balls. Should work well for you with one chin in a bathroom I'd think.

My chins manage to squeeze behind any gap in the cardboard and then run around the perimeter of the room, hidden. Does anyone use a light wood as a barrier around the edges of their chin room? I'm thinking about a permenant solution now since they keep trying to destroy the cardboard.

Annabelle tends to only want to chew on the baseboard wood, so we out smarted her by putting several shoe boxes around the perimeter. They slide perfectly under the counter. :thumbsup:

Back