How old is/are your chinchilla(s)?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pikaia

Gonna keck your butt ;)
For fun, I am curious who has the oldest chin here..

I searched the board and didn't find a thread like this, so I thought it would be fun. I know lots of you have MANY chinchillas. :p

Chichi is a year and a half
Her babies- Tribble and Tia are 3 months old

Hannie and Lu are rescues and thought to be 3-4 years old, Beezy is 8, Rocco is 8, Spice is 11, Guido and Frank are 10, Dante is 17.

I don't know how old Jemma and Zim are. I got them from a pet store and they just said they were under a year old. That was over 6 months ago. Atlas is about 8 months old. Ninja and Peanut are almost 4 months old and Pixie is about 3 1/2 months old.

wow! You have some old and wise chins, Dawn! When was the video of you and the chins at the auto shop made?

Same here as Dee I have a set born yesterday all the way through to a 15 year old female. oldest I ever had lived to 24

Hannie and Lu are rescues and thought to be 3-4 years old, Beezy is 8, Rocco is 8, Spice is 11, Guido and Frank are 10, Dante is 17.

Holy!! 17! :clap1:Does he act his age? Do you find him alot slower then the rest. Im curious. wow 17. I know that their age span is 12-20 ish

My oldest chin currently is 17. I brought him home from a rancher when they culled him because he wouldn't produce. Eek produced a few times for me here, but now he just lives happily in retirement with his wife Rosie. :)

And no, he doesn't act any differently than any other chin. His fur isn't as nice as it once was, but that's typical of any animal as it ages.

Before that my oldest chin was 15, Ivy, but she passed last summer.

Actually I realize that my oldest chins are 17/15/13. I been telling people 16/14/12 all year and forgot another year has passed. My first litter (the 17 year old) was in Feb 1994

Oh wow.
sorry to hear about your chin that passed. You both should be really proud to have chins those ages:) excellent chin care 101 :p

Dante is a tripod and acts like a young chin still, runs around, jumps, messes with his brother, still gets hair rings!

I had Toji who was 14 when she died (she was a rescue). Currently I have Sidney who is almost 3 and Fleury who I have no idea how old he is because we found him outside.

I go to Dr Angie Keffer and she said that she treats a chin who was 23 years old! That was like a year or 2 ago so if its still alive it would be 24 or 25 yrs old which i think is pretty crazy!

Girdy is 10 and Calpurnia is 13-15 yrs old (don't know her exact age, but she was likely born between '96-'98...I've had her since 2002).

Latest posts

Back