How often do you

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyronymph

How often do you have to change your hammocks?

I find that the hanger tags tend to wear out fairly quickly, especially for my pair of girls for some reason. It seems like they tear through them so easily. :banghead:

Is this just me?? Also, what do you do with your "used up" fleece items?

I have grommets on most of mine too, but depends on the chins. I have some that have the same hammocks from at least 6 months ago, while others shred theirs to pieces and might last 2-4 months.

With my used fleece (the stuff you can not use no more) I use it as stuffing! For cuddle buddies (after a good washing) or I will even use it to stuff pet beds, or even as extra padding in a liner for the cage.

I use mine for stuffing as well. With the liners if I double bleech them, I donate them as blankets to the animal shelter near by. Also, what size grommets do u all use? where do you get them?

I use grommets too, I've wondered about the tabs. I've never had to replace one except when it gets chewed (just little holes) which has been maybe 3 times in 7 years.

I had one with grommets before, but the grommets seem to come off after just a couple washings :/
That's why I decided to try tabs. Guess I just can't win.

I didn't even think about cutting them up for stuffing. Sheesh, talk about a brain fart! haha

Latest posts

Back