How much would you pay?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chefscott

okay, your standard grey chinchilla costs 90 to 150 dollars and other colors can be up to 500 to 700 dollars, maybe more. How much would you pay if there was some chins that were guaranteed to be affectionate, loved to be held, loved to go places with you, loved to ride in car like dogs do but would sit up on dash board or just in your lap, no better not to chew on wires, etc, would sleep in bed with you and cuddle, follow you around house, climb up your leg into your arms, etc, etc, and still be just as curious, and popcorn and play, etc. lets just say starting price was 2,000 dollars for standard grey and up, would you pay that much. I know I would without blinking an eye.

If you could guarantee that a chin will never EVER get malo or have any genetic crud show up, the chin would be priceless to me. I can tame mine to be all they can be, so that kind of chin I would not pay for.

I would not pay anything for one you have described if it was not of great quality as far as what is judged on the show table. You can get chins with those kind of qualities now with a little work with the right animal.

On the other hand I have spent $500 for male standard gray animals a few times already with non of the above qualities you listed.

That would be pretty neat. I have always wished my chin could go places with me, like in a little carrier purse. Then the problem is they couldn't go anywhere in the summer because they would be too hot.. lol. Plus my chins would hate it. :p I would love if my chin was more affectionate, but if you wanted an animal with the qualities you described: get a dog.. lol.

I know some of my customers would give their life savings for it ;) but again, what would these little boogers be if they didn't have random psychotic episodes?!? NOT chins! LOL! Seriously though, I find some of my best customers to be older teenage girls. Why? They like to cuddle, like to hang out, like to take everywhere...their precious fluffly chin. I had one customer who took her baby chin eveywhere with her in the pouch of her hoodie. The chin was SO friendly and tame, very well mannered and whatnot. And I feel with the right person MOST chins can be like this. But Dawns right, give me an animal that will forever be without genetic health issues and I'll pay big for it!

I would pay good money for a good quality animal but if I was looking for what you described I'd just cut to the chase and get a dog...

I feel so stupid now, but thanks for replying thats all I was really hoping for, was just trying to have fun and seeing if I got responses, just lonely thats all

Don't feel stupid, it was fun. I was just imagining a chinny chilling on my dash board at a red light...talk about people giving strange looks!

I would love a chin that was super tame and loved to say, sleep in my lap while I'm at my computer. I know some people probably have chins like that too. xP Mine all hate to sit still unless they are in the cage, then they sleep for 20 hours. >.<

I really miss my first chin that use to ride my shoulder and hang out in my hoodie. =< I'd pay a lot to have had him forever... =(

Latest posts

Back