How much water is too much water?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kogia

Normally my two guys consume water at about the same rate (they're seperated, don't share a waterbottle). However, last night I noticed one was chugging away (I don't catch them drinking that often) and thought nothing of it.

Then, I saw today's water level, and yeah, he's consumed around 2oz of the 8oz bottle (and was chugging away this morning). This is unusual.

He is otherwise acting normally, eating, etc.

How much water do your little guys drink?

Is it getting warmer in your house? I have actually noticed that some of my guys will drink more water once the weather starts warming up. Their room is usually around 60 degrees during the winter, but now that we have 80 degree weather it s about 65 and I have noticed some of them drinking more water as well.

Last edited:
I was going to say the same thing. While far from a chin expert, I know Trixie drinks more in warmer weather. And we have had some unseasonably warm weather in these parts.

Some chins drink more than others. If he is acting fine otherwise-I would consider it normal for him. I have a couple of girls here that can polish off a 16 oz water bottle in 3 days while others may go through just a half a bottle in 3 days.

Latest posts

Back