How much play time?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cookie chin23

I have had my chin for a week and she loves to run around on the floor. When its time to go back in her cage she runs and hides behind the bed even though her cage is taller than me.But how much play time is enough?

I always give half an hour to an hour. More than that, and Rosey gets too tired. My other girls were the same. Rosey is in a nice big cage though.

If your chin is in a smaller cage, then she'll appreciate a longer play out time.

Try to keep her out for an hour every night, longer wouldn't hurt but 45 minutes - 1 hour is what they need!

I usually leave the cage door open and let her go back and forth, and when its time to go in for the night I just close it the next time she goes in on her own.

Chinchillas do not need playtime, but many do enjoy it. Watch the chin for signs of overheating or exhaustion while they are playing and for a short time afterwards. If they are getting too hot or tired, you may need to cut back on playtime and/or lower the temperature while they play.

Latest posts

Back