How much fleece?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickster

Alright so I need to know how many yards of fleece I will need to make almost like a pillow case for just inside my Bass pans. My idea of keeping my chins from digging up the fleece is to bend a metal rod to fit inside of the pan and slipping the pillow case over and done. So I'll have basically this frame kind thing. And I would am also cover the half shelves and making about... 5-9 tubes. And the tubes need to be 4 inch diameter, right?

I can't tell you how much you will need but I can tell you that fleece is sold by the yard (3 feet). Fleece is usually sold in 60 inch bolts which is really wide for fabric.

I don't know the measurements of the the bass pan but if you lay it on the fabric and draw around the pan you can sew a quarter inch inside the marking for a pillow. You'll have to measure the tubes you what to cover and add a quarter inch (or less because fleece stretches) for the width and and around four inches extra for the length for the chubes. For all of this the width of the fabric is 60" folded in half and whatever length you think you will need by yards.

Our Chubes are all 6" in diameter because they out grew the 4". To be honest we ended up buying stuff because between time and cost purchasing seemed easier. Hope all of this helps.

Latest posts

Back