How much does your hedgehog's weight fluctuate?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LexieHeg

I'm a Hedgie kinda girl
Each day we weigh Lexie. She usually weighs in around 299g, but every now and then she will be 314 or 289...

I don't know if there is something wrong with my scale...or if her weight can really fluctuate that much in a day? I don't weigh her at the same time every day, should I be doing that? Everything else is normal...actually really good her health is better than its been since we got her (we're counting kibbles and she's eating between 24-36 every single night), so i'm not worried about that. We have a food scale from walmart, I dont know the brand but its a digital gram scale with a big flat surface.

She does poop a lot so I could totally see her pooping 10 grams out but I just wanted to know if anyone else had this issue and how you all weigh your hedgies?

Thanks for your time!

Weigh her at the same time each day. If you don't you can see great fluctuations. I weigh mine first thing in the am. Gives me a chance to check for any injuries that occurred over night and they usually have their tummies full or have gone to the bathroom before going to bed.

Oh that's good to hear - thank you! I will make sure I weigh her every day at the same time.

Back