How much do chins cost yearly?

• Thread starter 1_animal_@_a_time
  • Start date
Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The initial purchase of your pet, cage, bedding, food, accessories, wood, etc is going to run you anywhere between 200-500 depending on the size of the cage, type of cage, and how much you want to spoil your chins. I have 2 chinchillas and I always buy bulk for dust bath, wood, food, etc. and I usually only purchase things two to three times a year and total cost me about 50-100 per time I buy things. The other months I don't have to purchase anything unless I run out of bedding or want to get them something special new. Chinchillas are inexpensive compared to any other pet! And I haven't noticed any changes in utilities because I have asthma and always have the temperature constant at 70 in my apartment, but I imagine it's a small amount.

Don't let the cost stop you from getting 2 chins; because--really having 2 isn't that much more expensive than one (unless he was a sickly one and needed vet expenses). It's really terrific when 2 chins are together. They are utterly adorable when they cuddle together, play together and everything else!! Expenses can get up there--but, get what you need before hand and little at a time. Also, now that you're researching the needs of chins here--you won't do nearly the frivilous/unsafe/ unhealthy purchases i made with my first chin!! I spend around $100 a month (that includes lots of different hay and wood chews, food etc); but, i don't use liter-i use liners. The most expensive part of a chin (outside of a vet expense) is the cage setup. Good luck and you'll "LOVE" having a chin as a pet!!---Promise!

Latest posts

Back