How many kibbles to your hogs eat in 24 hours?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LexieHeg

I'm a Hedgie kinda girl
I think my little, 280 gram Lexie could win an eating contest.

Now that she is well from our recent troubles...she has been consuming between 21-31 kibbles in 24 hours. Her stomach is only the size of a dime and these kibbles are the size of a dime too so I can't even fathom where all these kibbles are going!

I'm not complaining - I am happy she is eating well again but 21-31 seems so much, but then again I have no experience with any other hedgehog.

How much do your little guys eat?

Lol she is one big poop machine but since we hold her in thee evening she adds about four big poops to our wardrobes which gets rid of the bulk so her wheel is not too bad........i dont know if that's a good thing or not LOL

Hedgehogs can eat and poop a lot. Lexie is very young right, ie still growing? I've mostly had adults but the couple of babies I have had ate a ton and of course it all comes out too!

Now, out of my adults, Cooper eats a ton too. Before he got sick, he was extremely active, averaging somewhere between 3-5 miles nightly. His record was over 7 miles! Not too bad for a 4 year old hedgehog.

Mine have ranged between Peaches who averaged 10 per night, to Lexie who at one point in time ate high 70's each night. The average seems to be 20-35.

High 70s Nancy? Oh wow! Was she overweight?

Lexie is young, just 3 months old...so she eats and poops quite a bit just because she's a baby but I have literally watched her get "fluffier" over the last week. I can't believe how fast they grow.

I've got to say, I will take a big eater any day of the week. Since Lexie is just a baby, she needs to grow into her quill skirt and can eat as much as she needs (as long as it is the right food) and she can still curl into a ball.

Hedgehogs can eat and poop a lot. Lexie is very young right, ie still growing? I've mostly had adults but the couple of babies I have had ate a ton and of course it all comes out too!

Now, out of my adults, Cooper eats a ton too. Before he got sick, he was extremely active, averaging somewhere between 3-5 miles nightly. His record was over 7 miles! Not too bad for a 4 year old hedgehog.

How do u measure how far ur hedgehog runs?

I've attached a bicycle odometer/computer to my hedgehog's wheels. It allows me to monitor if they are running each night and how far.

Back