How long is it usually when a chin starts to eat pellets after dential surgery?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddy

<--My little soldier!
How long is it usually until a chinchilla starts to eat?
My chinchilla still pulls the coat with her teeth that blocks her from going under my cuboard. So if it's too painful for her to eat her own food, surely it's too painful to be pulling with her teeth on a coat that isn't going to be moved easily... :S

Also, since she's been ill, she's been snubbing off hay!?

I have also noticed something else... There is a black dot by her bum. From where she wees I think??? It's been there a while but the vet didn't see it as anything bad :S
She doesn't really let me touch it.. so I'm not sure what it is?

Are you handfeeding? Is she still on pain meds? It could take a week or so for her to wean off the pain meds and hand feeding after a filing.

As to the black dot, are you sure it's not a poop stuck in her fur? If this is a black piece of actual skin, I'd definitely have it looked at by a vet.

It's on her skin area, right by her bum?
On the top..
:S It's hard to explain.

She's not on pain meds. I did ask at the vet but he said she's had pain meds to last her.
I just got home today and saw her eating though! :D Which is great!!
I'll ask about the black dot when I go back on thursday though :)
I am hand feeding her as well. I have been for a while, as she's had on going problems the last 2 months. Hopefully this is the end of it though!

Latest posts

Back