How do your chins say "I love you"?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CerLynn

We all know every chin has his or her own personality, and they all show affection in their own sweet, sometimes goofy ways. So, how do your chins show affection?

Kokomo is a cranky little boy, but is a huge sweetheart when he's out of the cage, and will sit quietly with Scott for a good amount of time. He's also a big fan of head tilting and nibbling/grooming :))

Kenai is a little snugglebug, both in and out of the cage. He'll happily let me hold him for quite a while, while I pet and scritch his ears/neck. While in his cage, he'll often come up and perch on my hands/arms, and on some lucky mornings, he'll cuddle up and sleep with my hand for a bit too :heart:
IMG_1425-JPEGResize.jpg

What do your chins do?

Eva, my pink white girl was handfed by me because her mom rejected her. I figured out one day how to make little squeaking noises to her and she would look at my for a second, then sprint up onto my shoulder and burrow in my hair. One day she surprised me by flipping upside down on my shoulder and sucking on my ear! Now that she is 2 now she will hop right out of the cage and snuggle and smell my breath (I don't know why!)

gimzo come up to the bars and makes soft little squeek noises..then he'll pop around the cage like a mad man once I start talking to him. As soon as I reach my hand in he'll be on top of it jumping around and grooming it ..so cute.

Lily makes mewing and squeaking noises. She also popcorns A LOT when I let her out.

Ferdinand chatters and hops into my lap when I open his cage, he will sit there and cuddle forever if I let him, he also will follow me around if I am outside his playpen and bounce off whatever wall I'm behind :)
Chimney has warmed up and has begun following me a bit too (especially if I am near the table that his cookies are on)

Oh and I love the pic! He's adorable!

Tristan is definitely a snuggle bug, when I hold him he will nessle right under my chin and just lay against me.
Toby on the other hand is a little more obnoxious because he won't stay still lol, but he likes to groom my hair and eyelashes.

Mine believe in the harder you bite, the more I love you. Haha just kidding. They will jump straight to my lap and just sit down there. Then they will jump up to my shoulder and groom my hair. haha they are really cute when then do that!

Bryson likes to groom my hand anytime I go to pet him. If I'm sitting at my desk, he will climb up the side of his cage, pass under his hammock, go on top of his tube, flip onto his back, turn around simultaneously, and just look at me. He knows I can't resist that position because he sticks his feet out like bait. I take it every time. Ande just popcorns when he sees me. He doesn't like to be held, but he does love being interacted with, and talked to. Charlie is just a squeak monster. We still don't know each other well yet, but he's just an overall happy little dude just contently squeaking away when I talk to him.

How do you know if they are grooming your hand? I had my hand in my youngest boys' cage and was petting Spaz. He starting pushing my hand around and just doing little nips. Then he tried to turn my hand over to do the same. IS that grooming?

Latest posts

Back