How do you teach a chin to run on a flying saucer?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilBubs

Im a Slave 4 Bubs
I just bought a saucer wheel for Bubs because the old (standard) wheel i had was too small and rickety. I figured he'd love the saucer because he rides the old wheel kind of sideways (hard to explain, but basically he should take to the saucer pretty well). So far, though, he can't seem to tell he's supposed to run on the saucer like the wheel. He just stands on it, lol.

Any ideas on how to teach him to use the saucer? All I've tried so far is spinning it and putting oats on it, but he just climbs up to get them and then back down.

Give him time, he'll figure it out. Took my male 2 to 3 months. He's not a speed demon like my girl but rather a steady eddie, just plodding along chirping the whole time.:thumbsup:

Update! Last night he must have figured it out, because we could hear him galumphing on it all night. Happy exercised camper this morning. :)

LOL to your steady eddie - the image of him walking on it like a treadmill and chirping happily is hilarious!

Back