How do you put hanging toys from your wooden shelves

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive been trying to think of ways to put more hanging toys up. Right when I think I have a good idea I realize A. it will not work or B. it seems a little dangerous to my little guy so I do not attemp it. So I was wondering how everyone on here is putting up their hanging toys. His cage is 4 feet tall and I have a toy hanging from the top of the cage but have no where else to hang them from. I dont want to put them on the side of his cage because it becomes noisey in the night and he is in my bedroom.

Any ideas would be greatly appriciated

I make my own play n perch toys (sale on here too) They are a perch that mounts to the side of the cage (shouldn't be noisy, and is sturdy) and at the end of the perch is hardware to hang a toy. Here is a visual for you.

Attachments

• play n perch toy.JPG
    play n perch toy.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 52
i have seen many members here use the little 'eye bolts/screws' to hang toys and bridges from the underside of wooden shelves. picked a pack of them up myself not long ago, but haven't gotten around to putting them in any shelves in cages.

these are what you want:

Attachments

• 525061005.jpg
    525061005.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 89
just be sure to get them short enough that the pointy end doesn't poke through the topside of a shelf if you are putting them in 'up from the bottom'. you can also put them in the side of a shelf if the wood is thick enough not to split when you screw the eye screw in.

i hang them on the sides of my cages, on the bars, aren't there vertical and horizontal bars on your cage?

i hang them on the sides of my cages, on the bars, aren't there vertical and horizontal bars on your cage?

with toys hung on the side of the cage, chins bang them around when chewing them up, and if your cage(s) are in your bedroom then the noise can make you lose some serious sleep! lol.

Back