How do you make your chin happy?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On this forum I've seen some people say that chins don't like change. However I have a huge critter nation cage and I can't help but think that semi frequent redecorating would keep things interesting for my chin. She seems to like new toys and things in her cage. She's clumsy though and I worry moving things around could cause accidents for her. Any insight is helpful thanks!

Luna gets daily scritches and chew sticks. It seems like she is a happy chinnie because she hops to the door of her cage looking for love and sticks whenever we walk by! She grooms my arm when I let her climb on me and she does not bite or spray. I would presume that if she was not happy, she would not be so willing to interact with us.

With mine it was playtime, apple twigs, and treats. He also loved to bite my dogs if they poked their noses through the cage. He hated when his cage changed. He lived 20 years and outlived several cages. He would chatter and bark at me like I had done this horrible thing to him. It didn't matter that the new cage was bigger and better. He got over it by the next day, but he let me know what he thought of it.

Thank you everybody!! That's so funny Elvis lol I love that your chin would interact with the dogs that way. Pasoindy thanks for sharing I'll be sure to look out for signs my chin is unhappy with changes in he cage. Your chins all sound like real characters! :)

Latest posts

Back